Wednesday 27 May 2020

Hot off the Press

The subject of this brief Blog is in fact the Blog itself. I decided that at Blog 150 I should have a permanent record of what I have written since 2012. I do have various forms of technology that can recall the content but I wanted to have hard copy, for largely purposes of my own vanity, and to show older friends who remain outside the Digital age, which is where the site claims to be, after all.

I chose a printer called BlookUp in France who offered a smallish size volume of 331 pages in all. I had in mind that a few entries contained future dates and times which are no longer required, also a few instructions for finding illustrations and for navigation. These have, mostly, been deleted but still I value the chance of proof reading the first copy I ordered and shall save (and save up) for a Coffee Table version at some future date. I found that reproduction of my pictures held up well but copies of old magazines became so small as to need a magnifier in this format which was 8" x 6".

Technically, the whole transfer went well with the only proviso is that the printers had to have access to the pages on the Web and then had to download them. I was pleased with the result,  A larger format could well mean a slimmer version was possible with better enlargement of small printed detail. One point, alterations to layout of words made when typing do, on one or two pages, result in a strange gap in a sentence. This is not visible in the editing screen on my PC and I am working on it.

Not at present available on Amazon but listed by the printers on their website, only one exists and I am awaiting the second edition with interest! Wait for it to be remaindered.

No comments:

Post a Comment