Tuesday 28 January 2020

A special day at Duke Street

In a bit of, not very modest, self promotion I am showing a photograph I took with the Leica SL (Digital) on loan from Leica at the new Duke Street, London, shop and Gallery. This facility was made available on the now almost annual visit of the Society for updating on new products and a general get-together, with lunch. O for an enlarger and the chance of trimming out the lamp post,or more!  However,it seemed to be overlooked in the judging and I was delighted with second place.

Following Lunch we were able to select a current Leica Digital and lens for a hour or so exploration of the area which produced a wide range of results on the subject of Street Photography suggested by the then current exhibition of the work of Joel Meyerowitz.

I chose the SL with the Summilux f1.4 ASPH and adapter as being nearest in feel to the SLR I often use with film. I am glad to say that the camera was perfectly capable of operation without the vast range of options available to an advanced owner. Beyond insertion of a disc and setting on 400 ASA for the dull afternoon nothing was necessary.




This meeting coincided with the release of our President's new book - Behind the Lens - My Life by David Suchet, who was present.



I am greatly enjoying the copy I later received as a Christmas present.A fuller review will follow.

Thanks are due yet again to our Chairman, Tony Cole, for his good work in the organisation behind this day and to Leica for the generous support they give. In particular thanks to our hosts,Jason Heward, Robin Sinha and David Slater of Leica for all they contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment